- Log into the application using your username and password
- Open the Application drop down from the top menu and choose the application you want to work on
- Navigate to the table you want to work on using the tabs at the bottom of the page
- Click on the second tab (labeled “Table columns“)
- Find the column you want to create the foreign key for and click the “edit” button for this column
- In the popup, find the section labeled “Connect to” and choose the “table > column” you want this column to link to
- Click the button labeled “Update column“
ZenBase allows for a column in a certain table to be connected to a second table, which means that the first column will hold the value from the second table.
Foreign keys will have to be declared within the application before ZenBase will be able to use them.
To set up a foreign key on a column, you will need to have permissions to modify tables in the database based on Role. An administrator can manage the user roles in the Roles page.
Once declared properly, ZenBase will automatically present a drop-down box displaying the allowed options when editing a single Cell or Record.